Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing #6

Mashups are very interesting and offer incredible potential for use in libraries.   It is amazing to see how many new mashups are being created.   I am going to make sure that our art teacher is aware of Flickr Color Pickr.   I explored this site for a while and was very impressed with the selection of photos that matched the color that I had clicked on the color spectrum.   Very nice!    My favorite exploration was with Mosaic Maker where I spent far too much time.   In fact, I used Mosaic Maker to create a mosaic of photos taken at my daughter's wedding, and I saved the mosaic to a CD, took it to the Walgreens and had an 8 x 10 color print made.   And, it turned out great.    I have been using Flickr to share photos with my widely-spread family, and am finding that it offers so much more than I was aware of.   I look forward to doing some more exploring.  I believe that my students might enjoy creating the trading card, and think it would be a great way to incorporate use of adjectives, etc..   When I looked at some of the librarian trading cards, some of them were very unappealing to me -- perhaps I am just too stuffy.  I have bookmarked Big Huge Labs' site and will pay it more visits as time allows.   What an interesting Thing this has been !  
   

2 comments:

VWB said...

how nice for your family!

LKP said...

What a great idea for using mosaics! I think I might try that to. I hope you explore the other possibilities for trading cards and other Big Huge Labs offerings --- they can be lots of fun. By the way, many of the librarian trading cards were done with "tongue in cheek" humor :)!